The court hearing on the 23 arrested workers and activists will be held on 11th of Feb, 2014. Charges against them are intentional violence with aggravating circumstances. There will be serious court case against Coalition of Cambodian Apparel Workers' Democratic Union (C.CAWDU)
Over 170 company filed cases against C.CAWDU regarding property damage, compromising public security, inciting people to engage in criminal activity, etc during the crackdown on 2-3 January 2014. (Sample protest letter)
If your organisations is able to protest at Cambodian Embassy in your country on 10 February.
1. Release the 23 workers (summary list attached)
2. Undertake a prompt and thorough investigation into violence used against protesters;
3. Respect the right to freedom of association, in line with ILO Convention 87 which Cambodia has ratified;
4. Introduce of a legal framework consistent with Convention 87 and with the collective bargaining Convention 98; and,
5. Institute a sound and inclusive process for determining the minimum wage.
Please update your actions. Those who are not able to participate please take your solidarity photos with a "FREE 23" paper/placard. Share it on Free 23 Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FreeThe23
and ATNC Facbook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/atnc.network/